Monday, August 16, 2010

No More Proverbial Kool-Aid

There is no sense in pretending here kids. I've been lazy. I could tell you that I've been spending time reflecting, leafing through life-changing books, or dedicating my life to living off the grid in a little shack in the middle of the desert. But, in reality, I've been becoming disillusioned with the realm of fashion blogging and sleeping till five in the afternoon. This blog deserves a full conversion, from part fashion blog, part writing showcase to an all encompassing dumping site for my work. If I happen to throw a few fashion musings into the mix, it's just because I oftentimes think in terms of fabric and platforms, turning my closet into an allegorical clothesline that's strung up inside my head, reaching from ear to ear. I've missed out on so much while gone on my leave of absence and I can't help but feel a little bad for returning from Seattle with not a single shred of photographic evidence. But now that this is no longer a "fashion blog" I guess I can just sigh and say, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment